6.17.2007

Monster Series

My long project is finally coming to a close. Well, unless someone taps me for a custom order anytime soon.

But I started with cases, had worked on some monster patches, now am finishing up my bags. I still have to list the appliques (which I may do tonight), and the bags probably on Monday or Tuesday. I have spent many many hours on these, and I feel like they're my children (probably because I locked myself in a room in front of a television and watched programs that frighten me). Here are some of the bags (one still is a WIP).



07 - Me Julie
One of the more feminine bags I've worked on, has a sweet heart print lining the inside. Aside from the wonky face, I got the inspiration for the name from the brilliant Ali G. Can't forget me Julie. It's aight, innit? Cuz dat's no prozzie, dat's me ho!

Somewhat of a small bag, still gets the job done, and yeah know what? I'm certainly proud of it.








08 - Sgt Rowe and Little Herbert
What can I say, Mike Rowe is a babe. My many hours of watching the Discovery Channel has me thinking I'm going to track down Mike Rowe and marry him. Sadly, I even got excited when I saw on Dirty Jobs he visited a town about 30 minutes away from me. So of course I'm going to dedicate something to him.

Anywho, someone along the lines decided Herbert would be a fitting name for a monster bag, and I concur. Since it'd taken me many hours to crochet a large messenger bag, I thought I'd spiff it up a bit. Well when you open the flap to get into your bag, it's revealed that sir Rowe has an itty bitty monster inside him--two monsters in one!

Since the bag is so long, I'm sure it's much more handy to be able to reach your cell phone by opening the flap, versus digging in the belly of the beast. Hence, where little Herbert comes in handy.








09 - Charlie
Charlie is a worrisome little monster. He kind of looks scared, and maybe that he needs a good home. It was my first time working with wooden handles (which I'm in love with by the way), and I decided to give him giant blunt teeth instead of jagged ones. I also stuffed them with some yarn scraps so they have an extra fluff to them.

This project was very rewarding in the way that my BFF and roommate Steve & I had a dashing time of sticking those little green eyes in his glasses before they were sewn onto the bag. It was quite amusing, I even have some photographic evidence of it.




10 - as of now? not named.
All I can tell you is that I'm working with some grey yarn, and plan on making a wider version of Sgt Rowe, though not as tall. Oh the joys of discovery!

Ok, back to watching programs about the dinosaurs, space, and serial killers.

And I wonder why I have nightmares...

1 comment:

Ben Machado said...

this is so awesome. monsters are my favorite